Electronic Official Transcripts: 

We are kindly asking that you submit digital copies of your transcripts at this time. Digital transcripts can be sent to

It is a medical doctor program requirement that Wayne State University School of Medicine has a complete record of your undergraduate and/or graduate preparation, with the degree(s) conferred.

Official Transcripts

  • All final transcripts with degrees conferred must be provided no later than July 1.   
  • All official credentials, including transcripts from foreign universities and letters of recommendation, must be sent from the source and cannot be accepted from the applicant. 
  • Once admitted, please send all official final transcripts with the degree awarded and date of graduation by July 1 of the year you enter medical school. 
  • Send digital official transcripts to
  • Failure to submit official transcripts by July 1 of the year you enter medical school will result in an automatic deferral of your admission for one year.  
  • Transcripts sent to AMCAS during the application process do not fulfill this requirement. 

Please note:

Digital copies of your transcripts sent via Secure Electronic Delivery (such as Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.) will be accepted. We cannot accept emailed transcripts from you. If your institution is unable to provide a digital copy of your transcript, please have them sent via mail to:

Wayne State School of Medicine
Office of Admissions
320 E. Canfield Ave., Suite 322
Detroit, MI 48201

Transcript FAQs:


How can I monitor the receipt of my official transcript?

We will mark Official Transcripts as received in your applicant portal within 3 business days of receipt.


I sent my transcripts through Parchment/National Student Clearinghouse/Credentials Inc./ Etc. more than 3 business days ago, but they are still marked as incomplete in my applicant portal. Have you received them?

Often, transcript processing services offer a list of suggested recipients. Unless you have specifically selected Wayne State University School of Medicine or during the ordering process, it is unlikely you have sent the transcripts to our office. If you are presented with a list of recipients, and you do not see Wayne State University School of Medicine, you should be able to select "my recipient is not on this list" (or similar) option which will allow you to manually enter an email address. You should select this option and manually enter We WILL NOT receive transcripts that are sent to Wayne State University (Main Campus) or Wayne State University - Graduate Admissions. For assistance with ordering transcripts, please reach out to the Registrar's Office at the issuing school, as we do not have access to other schools' ordering processes.


I have completed all coursework and degree requirements, but my University will not post degrees to official transcripts until a date after matriculation. What should I do?

Please have your pre-health advisor or someone from your University's registrar's office send a letter on official University letterhead stating that you have completed all degree requirements and the date your transcripts will be updated with your degree posted. Send your official transcripts AS SOON AS POSSIBLE after your degree is posted. Failure to do so may result in holds on your account or dismissal from the School of Medicine.


I sent my transcripts to AMCAS during the application process. Does that satisfy this requirement?

No. AMCAS does not send official transcripts to medical school. You must have your University/Academic Institution deliver them directly to our office. Please have them delivered electronically to


I went to Wayne State University for my undergraduate education, will you receive my transcripts automatically?

No. You must have them sent to


I have Study Abroad experience with transcripts marked as incomplete in my applicant portal, however that coursework appears on my official transcript from another institution.

Please send an email to letting us know which institution's official transcript your study abroad coursework appears on, and we will verify the coursework and update your portal.


I applied to medical school using a different name (married name, maiden name, name change, etc.) than what is listed on my official transcript.

If your current legal name is different than the name appearing on your official transcripts, please send an email to notifying our office of your name when you attended that school. We will then verify that information with your criminal background check when it is available.