With more than 2,000 full-time and volunteer faculty members, the School of Medicine is leading the way in educating future physicians and biomedical scientists to be health care leaders and advocates.
Through education, innovation and mentorship, our faculty prepares students for the rigors of the medical field while instilling a strong sense of social responsibility. Their collaboration with health care systems and community partners reduce health disparities and improve the lives of people within the city of Detroit and communities worldwide.
- Robert Reaves nets Dave Bing Young Leader Award for volunteer work in Detroit
- AAP honors Dr. Lynn Smitherman for her fight on behalf of diversity, equality and inclusion
- Digital tool to reduce financial toxicity for patients with cancer wins national recognition from Association of Community Cancer Centers
- M.D. fellow wins top honor for research abstract from American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- Anthony Seely named Outstanding Medical Student in Michigan
Ryan Insolera, Ph.D., joins Department of Ophthalmology, Visual and Anatomical SciencesRead more about this Faculty spotlight