With more than 2,000 full-time and volunteer faculty members, the School of Medicine is leading the way in educating future physicians and biomedical scientists to be health care leaders and advocates.
Through education, innovation and mentorship, our faculty prepares students for the rigors of the medical field while instilling a strong sense of social responsibility. Their collaboration with health care systems and community partners reduce health disparities and improve the lives of people within the city of Detroit and communities worldwide.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists honors Dr. Richard Smith
- WSU faculty to receive Karmanos Heroes of Cancer Awards
- Dr. Badr recognized with American Academy of Sleep Medicine's Kleitman Distinguished Service Award
- Cancer biology Ph.D. student Julio Pimentel receives Profiles in Warrior Strong Award
- Dr. Saravolatz receives national award from American College of Physicians
Philip Ross, D.O., has joined the Wayne State University School of Medicine’s Department of Neurology as an assistant professor, within the Division of Neurocritical CareRead more about this Faculty Spotlight