With more than 2,000 full-time and volunteer faculty members, the School of Medicine is leading the way in educating future physicians and biomedical scientists to be health care leaders and advocates.
Through education, innovation and mentorship, our faculty prepares students for the rigors of the medical field while instilling a strong sense of social responsibility. Their collaboration with health care systems and community partners reduce health disparities and improve the lives of people within the city of Detroit and communities worldwide.
- Dr. Matthews recognized with Diversity Business Leader Award
- CATCH-UP grant to recruit minority, rural patients to cancer clinical trials
- Michigan Academy of Family Physicians honors three Warriors at annual awards
- Diversity and Inclusion Director Dr. De’Andrea Matthews named a top 100 leader in education
- U.S. News names physician and educator Rana Awdish, M.D. ’02, a Hospital Hero
Kamiar Moin, Ph.D.
Kamiar Moin, Ph.D., professor of Pharmacology at the Wayne State University School of Medicine and director of the Microscopy, Imaging and Cytometry Resources Core at the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, has secured a five-year, $1.5 million R50 grant from the National Cancer Institute.Read more about this Faculty spotlight