With more than 2,000 full-time and volunteer faculty members, the School of Medicine is leading the way in educating future physicians and biomedical scientists to be health care leaders and advocates.
Through education, innovation and mentorship, our faculty prepares students for the rigors of the medical field while instilling a strong sense of social responsibility. Their collaboration with health care systems and community partners reduce health disparities and improve the lives of people within the city of Detroit and communities worldwide.
- Department research day spotlights policy changes and community activism at WSU
- Exploring alternatives to fight serious corneal infections
- Residents win accolades at anesthesia conference
- Funding from Jack Ryan Award to test treatment for substance use and chronic pain
- Congratulations to SOM's 2019 Spirit of Community award winners and finalists
Eric Ayers, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.A.P.
The 1989 graduate of the School of Medicine has been a faculty member for more than 24 years.Read more