With more than 2,000 full-time and volunteer faculty members, the School of Medicine is leading the way in educating future physicians and biomedical scientists to be health care leaders and advocates.
Through education, innovation and mentorship, our faculty prepares students for the rigors of the medical field while instilling a strong sense of social responsibility. Their collaboration with health care systems and community partners reduce health disparities and improve the lives of people within the city of Detroit and communities worldwide.
- Molecular Medicine and Genetics faculty member Francesca Luca, Ph.D., named Outstanding Graduate Mentor
- Dr. Vasquez will conduct first national survey of Belize’s freshwater habitats as Fulbright Scholar
- Cancer Biology Graduate Program’s Larry Matherly, Ph.D. wins outstanding graduate director accolade
- Dr. Chopra-led infection prevention team receives DMC Extra Mile Award
- Monyca Johnson receives Waller Endowed Scholarship for Master of Public Health students
Dr. Uberti named interim leader of Karmanos and OncologyRead more about this Faculty spotlight