With more than 2,000 full-time and volunteer faculty members, the School of Medicine is leading the way in educating future physicians and biomedical scientists to be health care leaders and advocates.
Through education, innovation and mentorship, our faculty prepares students for the rigors of the medical field while instilling a strong sense of social responsibility. Their collaboration with health care systems and community partners reduce health disparities and improve the lives of people within the city of Detroit and communities worldwide.
- Class of 2023’s Dhruvil Patel wins national award for community service
- Doctoral student named to Oakland County's 40 Under 40
- Medical Student Research Symposium winners revealed
- Graduate Student Research Day returns in-person with 43 scientific presentations
- American Academy of Pediatrics to honor Professor Tej Mattoo, M.D. for lifetime of work
M. Safwan Badr
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has appointed M. Safwan Badr to the Michigan Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.