With more than 2,000 full-time and volunteer faculty members, the School of Medicine is leading the way in educating future physicians and biomedical scientists to be health care leaders and advocates.
Through education, innovation and mentorship, our faculty prepares students for the rigors of the medical field while instilling a strong sense of social responsibility. Their collaboration with health care systems and community partners reduce health disparities and improve the lives of people within the city of Detroit and communities worldwide.
- Anthony Seely named Outstanding Medical Student in Michigan
- Michael Chung, M.D., wins Gold Humanism Honor Society Award
- WSU Board of Governors awards Dr. Ijeoma Opara with Profiles in Warrior Strong honor
- Cancer Biology doctoral student wins second National Latino Leader Award
- ANA honors Dr. Robert Lisak with Distinguished Neurology Teacher Award
Dr. Diwadkar edits book on brain network dysfunction and analytic imaging.Read more about this Faculty spotlight