With more than 2,000 full-time and volunteer faculty members, the School of Medicine is leading the way in educating future physicians and biomedical scientists to be health care leaders and advocates.
Through education, innovation and mentorship, our faculty prepares students for the rigors of the medical field while instilling a strong sense of social responsibility. Their collaboration with health care systems and community partners reduce health disparities and improve the lives of people within the city of Detroit and communities worldwide.
- Dr. Badr recognized with American Academy of Sleep Medicine's Kleitman Distinguished Service Award
- Cancer biology Ph.D. student Julio Pimentel receives Profiles in Warrior Strong Award
- Dr. Saravolatz receives national award from American College of Physicians
- Dr. Dore-Duffy elected fellow of American Academy of Neurology
- Seven named 2020 Michigan Scholarship Fund Scholars
Peter LeWitt, M.D., has joined the Wayne State University School of Medicine’s Department of Neurology as a professor.Read more about this Faculty Spotlight