With more than 2,000 full-time and volunteer faculty members, the School of Medicine is leading the way in educating future physicians and biomedical scientists to be health care leaders and advocates.
Through education, innovation and mentorship, our faculty prepares students for the rigors of the medical field while instilling a strong sense of social responsibility. Their collaboration with health care systems and community partners reduce health disparities and improve the lives of people within the city of Detroit and communities worldwide.
- School of Medicine’s Jeff Stanley, Ph.D., wins Outstanding Graduate Director Award
- Karmanos awarded President's Trophy second year in a row
- NIH grant to improve neonatal brain injury detection using photoacoustic imaging technology
- Dr. Lisak honored with Healthcare Professional Champion Award for efforts against MS
- Karmanos Cancer Institute receives the 2020 Women’s Choice Award® as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Cancer Care
Eric Ayers, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.A.P.
The 1989 graduate of the School of Medicine has been a faculty member for more than 24 years.Read more about this Faculty Spotlight