With more than 2,000 full-time and volunteer faculty members, the School of Medicine is leading the way in educating future physicians and biomedical scientists to be health care leaders and advocates.
Through education, innovation and mentorship, our faculty prepares students for the rigors of the medical field while instilling a strong sense of social responsibility. Their collaboration with health care systems and community partners reduce health disparities and improve the lives of people within the city of Detroit and communities worldwide.
- Dr. Ayers recognized with Medicine Pediatrics Program Directors Association Leadership in Med-Peds Award
- Professor Rossi receives inaugural Jerry Yee Mentorship Award from American College of Physicians Michigan chapter
- Faculty and resident instructors recognized for outstanding teaching
- LaTonya Riddle-Jones, M.D., receives 2023 Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award
- Eleanor King, M.D., wins 2023 Ascension Medical Group Excellence in Medicine Award
The 2023 recipient of the Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award.
“It means so much to me to have been chosen by the students for this award.”Read more about this Faculty Spotlight