With more than 2,000 full-time and volunteer faculty members, the School of Medicine is leading the way in educating future physicians and biomedical scientists to be health care leaders and advocates.
Through education, innovation and mentorship, our faculty prepares students for the rigors of the medical field while instilling a strong sense of social responsibility. Their collaboration with health care systems and community partners reduce health disparities and improve the lives of people within the city of Detroit and communities worldwide.
- Michigan AHEC receives CARES Act funding to combat COVID-19
- Wayne State to address toxicity of cancer treatment costs with help of American Cancer Society grant
- Dr. Eggly research team win 2020 Telly Awards
- Board of Governors recognizes two medical students with Warrior Unsung Hero Award
- Quintet of Wayne Warriors are ‘Health Care Heroes’ for 2020
Dr. Hayley Thompson
Professor of Oncology Hayley Thompson, Ph.D., with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute has launched a survey to ask community members about their experiences with health care during the COVID-19 pandemic.Read more about this Dr. Hayley Thompson