With more than 2,000 full-time and volunteer faculty members, the School of Medicine is leading the way in educating future physicians and biomedical scientists to be health care leaders and advocates.
Through education, innovation and mentorship, our faculty prepares students for the rigors of the medical field while instilling a strong sense of social responsibility. Their collaboration with health care systems and community partners reduce health disparities and improve the lives of people within the city of Detroit and communities worldwide.
- WSU student wins Sarnoff Fellowship
- WSU Gold Humanism chapter earns national honorable mention
- Flint whistleblower receives inaugural award for immigrant health care leaders
- Student’s fellowship leads to travel grant and top honors at vision research conference
- Dr. Juliann Binienda wins President’s award for dedication to teaching
Eric Ayers, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.A.P.
The 1989 graduate of the School of Medicine has been a faculty member for more than 24 years.Read more