Preparing for Medical School
Pre-med advising and information sessions
Wayne State University's Pre-Med and Health Advising Center provides prerequisite advising, academic support and professional development strategies for all Wayne State University students pursuing admission to competitive health care programs.
The Wayne State University School of Medicine evaluates candidates through a holistic admission process. In addition to fulfillment of all admission requirements, your entire record, including grade-point average, Medical College Admission Test scores, recommendations and interview results, will be considered. The Admission Committee uses this process to evaluate your personality, maturity, character and suitability for a career in medicine.
Prior experience in the health care field is a desirable characteristic and improves your chances of being admitted to the Wayne State University School of Medicine.
Percentage of accepted applicants with relevant experience:
- 87 percent — Non-medical/clinical community service or volunteer experience
- 90 percent — Medical/clinical community service or volunteer experience
- 1 percent — Military service
- 56 percent — Medical/clinical paid employment
Matriculant MCAT scores and GPA scores for the 2022 entering class
|Type||Accepted scores ranging from |
the 10th to 90th percentile
|MCAT total score*||504-518||513||512|
- Prospective student resources — Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Preparing for medical school — American Medical Association
- American Association of Medical Colleges Aspiring Docs program
- American Medical Student Association