All new four-year M.D./M.B.A.
Many of the greatest challenges in health care today are business problems.
In today's complex health care environment, physicians who have both a medical degree and a Master of Business Administration degree will be highly sought for leadership positions at hospitals, health care systems, and health and medical-related businesses
- The Warrior M.D./M.B.A. program helps you as a physician-in-training to understand the economic and financial aspects of and the strategic, organizational, and operational issues within the health care industry so that you can one day support efforts to drive health care system improvements.
- Completion of your joint degree will open up career pathways that include leadership roles in:
- Hospital administration
- Health care policy research and policy development
- Pharmaceutical, medical device, health tech and insurance companies
- Entrepreneurial endeavors ranging from the creation of a private practice to the establishment of a non-profit focused on addressing health disparities, to a potential role of founder or medical advisor to health care startups.
- Unlike many programs, the Warrior M.D./M.B.A. is completed in four years. You will not need to step away from medical school for a year or delay the start of your residency.
Students in the M.D./M.B.A. program will receive an exceptional medical education and hands-on clinical experience, and critical business and leadership skills during this dual degree 4-year program.
- M.D./M.B.A. courses are designed and co-taught by Wayne State University Mike Ilitch School of Business faculty and industry professionals, ensuring a high degree of integration and knowledge transfer.
- Students can explore this option and make the decision to pursue the dual degree during the first year of medical school. Students will be taking M.B.A. courses concurrently during the M.D. program.