WSU-SOM is full of people like you!
The Office of Student Organizations provides student services ranging from medical student housing to academic programs to extra-curricular activities. Wayne State School of Medicine Students acquire the ability to engage in many interests. The organizations cultivate the cultural, educational and social experiences and enhance the overall partnerships among our students.
Student Organizations Office
The Office is under administrative agent of the Student Affairs Office, Dr. Margit Chadwell, Associate Dean of Student Affairs and Career Development and run by Ms. Tracey Eady.
Mazurek Education Commons, Suite 315
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Ms. Tracey Eady, B.B.A.
Phone: (313) 577-1465
Fax: (313) 577-0361
Board of Student Organizations
The Board of Student Organizations (BSO) is a student body acting as liaison between Student Organizations/Interest Groups, Student Senate, and Administration/Faculty
- To supplement the medical school curriculum by providing exposure to ongoing developments in healthcare innovation, research, and policy.
- To increase awareness of public health issues at the local, state, and federal levels.
- To build relationships between the community and medical students through mutually beneficial projects, events, and learning experiences.
- To offer opportunities for medical students to work closely with leaders of professional organizations, medical institutions, and community programs — facilitating unique experiences that will sensitize them to the medical practice.
- To offer opportunities for humanistic growth and artistic expression.
- To enhance medical student leadership skills to better serve society in the future.
List of Student Organizations
List of Student Organizations The School of Medicine offers a diverse selection of student organizations. Students may want to join in order to take advantage of the encouragement, assistance, and comraderie that comes from fellow peers that have similar interests. A wide range of opportunities and interests are represented and students are urged to join an organization that relates to their interests in the field of medicine. The organizations also serve to increase healthcare awareness in the community through jointly beneficial projects. All student organizations are listed alphabetically below.