Manage your aid
Check the status of your financial aid at any time in Academica. Login at a.wayne.edu or use thefollowing links:
- Check your requirements
- Accept your awards
- Check your satisfactory academic progress status
- Review your overall aid status
- Messages about your aid
- Financial aid awards must be accepted or declined in Academica.
- New M1 students will receive one paperaward letter via the U.S. Postal Service.
- Continuing and returning students will receive an email notice to review awards in Academica.
How to accept your award
- Login to Academica
- Under Student Resources, click the Financial Aid link.
- Click the “Select Aid Year” drop-down box and select the appropriate aid year.
- “Review the awards offered to accept, reduce or decline the awards.
- Click “Submit” when finished. You will be able to view all awards for the academic year.
Changing your response
Reducing the amount of a loan
If you want to reduce the amount of loans offered, complete the appropriate Award Revision Form and submit it to the WSUOffice of Student Financial Aid.
Requesting a review of your eligibility
If you have extenuating circumstances that you believe affect your ability to pay your educational costs, you may request a review of your financial aid eligibility by completing and submitting a Special Circumstances Form. This form may be submitted after you file the annual FAFSA.
Revisions by the Office of Student Financial Aid
There are several reasons that the Office of Student Financial Aid may revise your award offer. These include:
- FAFSA corrections
- Enrollment changes
- Receipt of other financial aid resources
- Accommodating special circumstances
- Failure to meet satisfactory academic progress standards
If it becomes necessary to revise your award, the Office of Student Financial Aid will contact you via email to your WSU address. The email message will advise you to access your Academica account for additional information and/or instructions.