When transitioning into medical school, one top concern for all students is finances. Our team put together some helpful resources as you start thinking about important financial decisions and search out resources as you enter into your career as a Warrior M.D.
- If you need assistance with daycare expenses, you need to submit a daycare expense request to the financial aid office.
- WSU childcare resources
University-based, low-income housing
- Meet with Greenpath Debt Solutions to discuss your financial situation, discuss your options and create a debt management plan.
- Utilize AAMC financial management resources
- Neighborhood Legal Services (Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Program): 313-964-1975
- United Community Housing Coalition: 313-963-3310
- Southwest Solutions: 313-963-6601
- Community and Home Supports: 313-964-2566
- Detroit Housing Commission (Low-Income Housing)
Utility bill assistance
- DTE Case Management – 800-545-8064
- Friendship House – 313-871-7443
- Heat and Warmth Fund – 800-866-8429
- Community and Home Supports – 313-964-2566
Low-cost transportation repairs
1520 S. Lapeer Road, Suite 108
Lake Orion, MI 48360
THE RED CROSS IS AVAILABLE TO YOU 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK!
IF YOU NEED EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE FROM THE RED CROSS, CALL: 1-800-774-6066
United Way (Dial 411)
The W Food Pantry supports currently enrolled Wayne State students by providing resources (i.e. non-perishable food, toiletries, and feminine hygiene items) to reduce food and other insecurities they may face. With the help of students, faculty and staff, and WSU community volunteers as well as our donors we are able to continue to fulfill our mission of enhancing student success.