IT Support Forms
Below is a compilation of the most common IT forms used by the School of Medicine (SOM) customers, but SOM staff may use any IT form that relates to a service or system that they use. All SOM requests are addressed by Medical School Information Systems (MSIS) on a first-come, first-served basis. For emergency assistance during normal business hours, please call 313-577-4357. Learn more about MSIS support services.
- General Support Request
- Report a Problem
- Request Software or Computer Accessories
- Request Changes to S: Drive or Employee Files
- Computer Refresh Request
- Loaner Equipment Request
Administrative and Business
MSIS is located in Scott Hall on the second floor in Room 2206. Service hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Questions and troubleshooting calls are handled by the C&IT Help Desk. If you require computer support, contact the helpdesk at 313-577-HELP (4357) or email to email@example.com.
If you contact the helpdesk, have the following information if available:
1. Computer IP address.
2. The type of computer hardware and software (including version) you are using.
3. What you were trying to do when the problem occurred
4. Symptoms of the problem and any error messages you received.
5. What you've already done to try to resolve the problem
6. Have access to the computer so that a technician can try and troubleshoot the issue