Official School of Medicine Campus Restart Guidelines
- Complete the Campus Daily Screener each day prior to coming to campus.
- When coming to campus, you will be asked to show the QR code sent to you upon completion of the Campus Daily Screener. Masks are required in classrooms and lab spaces, and optional in all other campus locations unless noted. Scan the day's QR code at entrance kiosks. School of Medicine facilities are open for use.
- Check Wayne State's coronavirus website for updates to safety guidelines.
If you have symptoms or have been exposed, stay home.
- If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 (new cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle aches, chills, loss of taste or smell) or have been exposed to someone confirmed to have the virus, stay home.
- If you experience symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19, the Campus Health Center can arrange for testing. You will be required to provide medical health clearance upon return to campus.
M.D. Health Records Office
- Beginning Jan. 3, you are required to receive and upload proof of your booster at the time you are eligible, which is six months past the second dose for Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or two months past the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. You may then upload photographic proof online.
- To best protect the health and safety of our campus community, Wayne State will require all students, faculty and staff who plan to be on campus during the fall semester to receive their COVID-19 vaccination. Proof of vaccination must be submitted for you to be allowed on campus. You can submit your proof of vaccination online. You may also apply online for a waiver of the requirement based on legitimate health or religious reasons. These requests will be reviewed by the Campus Health Committee. Individuals who have an approved waiver will be required to be COVID-19 tested once per week.
When on campus
- Masks are required in classrooms and lab spaces, and optional in all other campus locations unless noted. Social distancing is no longer required.
Enhanced facilities cleaning and disinfecting measures
- Shared spaces will use disinfectant detergent/wipes aligned with World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
- Individuals are responsible for their own office space or workstations.
- Disinfecting wipes are available.
Gain approvals for event plans
- Some events require pre-approval of the Campus Health Committee. Guidelines are updated regularly.