Faculty and staff
As the School of Medicine is re-opening campus, the essential infrastructure protocol is still in effect. Staff and faculty should work with their unit supervisors to on their plan for an on-campus presence. Staff and faculty that need to work on the medical campus must complete this template and submit to the Dean's office for authorization.
Faculty and staff-specific guidelines
- Contact supervisor who will determine your work-at-home and/or on-campus schedule
- Unit supervisors will determine which employees are allowed on campus, and the duration and frequency of their campus-based work.
- Faculty and staff should model health and safety behaviors and follow all recommended guidelines while on campus.
- Eating and drinking is allowed. Only those unvaccinated are required to wear a mask. All should feel free to wear a mask if it provides the individual with a greater sense of health protection.
- Confirm to see if there are any additional requirements for specific courses and follow posted directions in study, class and conference areas.
- SOM facilities and operations guide to re-opening.
- Common space refrigerators and microwaves are closed for use until further notice
- Regular coronavirus testing mandatory for those with symptoms, student athletes, and on-campus residents
Activities that will occur remotely
- All didactic lectures
- ALS Longitudinal Program
- Committee meetings
- Counseling through OEM, ODI, OLT, and OSA
- Faculty office hours
- Health & Wellness
- Knowledge-Based Small Groups (e.g. CBL, PBL, Pharmacovigilance, P4)
- Learning Communities
- Non-academic, cultural and entertainment events
- Recruitment and admissions events and interviews
- Residency Interviews
- SIL/SPL tutoring and reviews
- Student focus groups
- Student organization and student senate meetings
- Town halls
Activities approved to occur on-campus
- ACLS Training
- Bench Research Labs
- BLS Training
- Clinical Experiential Clerkship
- Clinical rotations at clinical campus sites
- Clinical Skills
- Community Engagement
- ERAS Photo Sessions and Training
- First Aid Book Distribution
- Gross Anatomy Lab
- Longitudinal Ultrasound
- Service Learning
- White Coat Distribution
Daily QR must be used to scan in to buildings each day.