Faculty and staff
Although the School of Medicine is gradually re-opening campus, the essential infrastructure protocol is still in effect. Staff and faculty need to work with their unit supervisors to get authorization to work on campus if they have not done so already, if their work requires an on-campus presence. Staff and faculty that need to work on the medical campus must complete this template and submit to the Dean's office for authorization.
Faculty and staff-specific guidelines
- Contact supervisor who will determine your work-at-home and/or on-campus schedule
- Unit supervisors will determine which employees are allowed on campus, and the duration and frequency of their campus-based work.
- Faculty and staff should model health and safety behaviors and follow all recommended guidelines while on campus.
- Eating and drinking is allowed. Masks must be worn at all times while on campus except while eating
- Confirm to see if there are any additional requirements for specific courses and follow posted directions in study, class and conference areas.
- SOM facilities and operations guide to re-opening.
- Common space refrigerators and microwaves are closed for use until further notice
- Regular coronavirus testing mandatory for those with symptoms, student athletes, and on-campus residents
Activities that will occur remotely
- All didactic lectures
- ALS Longitudinal Program
- Committee meetings
- Counseling through OEM, ODI, OLT, and OSA
- Faculty office hours
- Health & Wellness
- Knowledge-Based Small Groups (e.g. CBL, PBL, Pharmacovigilance, P4)
- Learning Communities
- Non-academic, cultural and entertainment events
- Recruitment and admissions events and interviews
- Residency Interviews
- SIL/SPL tutoring and reviews
- Student focus groups
- Student organization and student senate meetings
- Town halls
Activities approved to occur on-campus
- ACLS Training
- Bench Research Labs
- BLS Training
- Clinical Experiential Clerkship
- Clinical rotations at clinical campus sites
- Clinical Skills
- Community Engagement
- ERAS Photo Sessions and Training
- First Aid Book Distribution
- Gross Anatomy Lab
- Longitudinal Ultrasound
- Service Learning
- White Coat Distribution
Daily QR must be used to scan in to buildings each day.