Medical Alumni Board of Governors Responsibilities
The WSU Medical Alumni Board of Governors oversees the activities of the School of Medicine Alumni Association, a separately-incorporated 501 © 7 organization that was established to represent alumni issues and concerns and to help connect the Wayne State University School of Medicine’s more than 22,000 alumni.
Alumni Board members serve as a voice for the alumni body, oversee the allocation of the Medical Alumni Annual Fund, plan activities for Medical Alumni Reunion Day and mentor and advise medical students in a variety of ways. Members support alumni events and programming through planning, attendance and alumni outreach. They articulate the needs of the alumni body to the association and they recognize the accomplishments of School of Medicine alumni. Because board members are ambassadors for the WSU School of Medicine, board membership is an honor that is guided by specific responsibilities.
WSU Medical Alumni Association Board of Governors responsibilities include:
• Attend and actively participate in all Medical Alumni Association Board meetings
• Actively participate as a member of one or more standing committees
• Attend receptions, school functions and Medical Alumni Reunion Day
• Reach out and engage fellow classmates and colleagues in WSU SOM programs and events
• Be a member of the School of Medicine Alumni Association
• Support the Medical Alumni Annual Fund with an annual, tax-deductible gift
• Be a knowledgeable ambassador for the WSU School of Medicine and the Medical Alumni Association.
• Cooperate and respond in a timely manner to requests from the Office of Alumni Affairs