The Personal Computing section provides a starting point for Wayne State Medicine laptop and desktop computer users to purchase, maintain, configure, and secure their systems for use on the WSU network.
- The personal computer market has reached a point of maturity where it does not change drastically from year to year. In general, nearly any commercially available new computer today will run the applications Wayne State provides. Computers likely need to be replaced or upgraded every three to five years.
- Some colleges and programs at Wayne State may have higher specifications so your computer can run certain required applications. Check the website for your specific college or contact your adviser for more information.
WSU offers several computer purchasing programs with reduced prices for both personal and departmental use. To view computer discounts, Click Here!
C&IT Help Desk provides free and discounted software to current students, faculty, and staff for academic, departmental, and personal use. This service is operated with two goals in mind:
- To reduce the cost of desktop software that has universal interest through volume purchase agreements and site licensing
- To promote software anti-piracy and encourage patrons to comply with licensing requirements
- Click here to get free & discounted software!
(you will need your WSU Access ID and Password)
- LockDown Brower
- Get your special free Microsoft Office for Students!