The Class Agent Program is comprised of a loyal group of alumni who represent their individual class years. Class Agents are WSU School of Medicine ambassadors, charged with helping to build a strong connection between classmates, and their medical school.
Class Agents are some of our most valuable volunteers. Job requirements are simple: a minimal time commitment and the interest to keep in touch with your classmates and friends. Being a class agent is a great way to remain involved after graduation and you can be as active as your schedule will allow.
What does a Class Agent do?
The program is designed to help classmates stay connected and maintain relationships with one another and with the School of Medicine.
Class Agents work with the Alumni Office to:
- Communicate on a regular basis with classmates; either via letter, e-mail, or social networking Web sites.
- Collect news for the Classnotes section of the alumni enewsletter. This includes marriages, births, class members’ accomplishments and awards. This is a great way for people to stay caught up across the miles and across the years.
- Keep classmates up-to-date on School of Medicine events and news.
- Encourage and increase participation in alumni activities (regional events, Alumni Reunion, etc.) A personal invitation from a classmate goes a long way!
- Brainstorm additional ways to keep your class connected. Many class agents create class Facebook pages, encourage classmates to join LinkedIn, etc.
- Serve as a member of the reunion planning committee in your special reunion years.
- Promote class participation in Alumni Annual Fund and Special Class Gifts.
Contact Lisa Ramos, Assistant Director of Alumni Affairs at 313-577-9022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.